Oral appliance therapy is used to help open the airways of people who are excessive snorers or have sleep apnea. Often, the airway is reduced in size or completely obstructed by the tongue during sleep. Oral appliance therapy helps keep the airway open and clear by repositioning the tongue by bringing the lower jaw into a more forward position while preventing the collapse of the soft tissue at the back of the throat.
At the forefront of oral appliance therapy is SomnoGuard, an FDA approved custom fitted device that may be used with CPAP, and in some cases may negate the need for CPAP altogether. SomnoGuard is made of a thermodynamic material that makes it possible to mold the device to fit perfectly with your bite quickly and safely at your doctor’s office.
The vast majority of SomnoGuard users find the device to be very comfortable and easy to use. For some, an adjustment period of up to two weeks may be necessary.
The benefits of SomnoGuard include:
- Clinical trials have shown that SomnoGuard has a success rate of up to 80% in reducing snoring and sleep apnea
- Easy to adjust to wearing
- Lasts one year on average
- Most cost-effective option for treating sleep apnea and snoring
- Quick fitting time, with adjustments being done from the convenience of your doctor’s office